Applications Engineer - Open Position
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Evaluate and document customer requirements and estimate assembly performance prior to feasibility studies.
- Perform and document customer feasibility studies
- Perform live customer demos on Palomar equipment
- Support Sales for understanding customer requirements (by both personally understanding and by ensuring they understand the features and benefits our products and services provided and to be able to clearly communicate these benefits.)
- Document and develop complex wire bond and/or die bond processes
- Project a professional face to the Customer in all circumstances, including demonstrations, communications, reports, etc.
- Goal oriented self starter with a sense of urgency.
- Work well alone and in a team environment.
- Good people skills; especially with customers.
- Good lab notebook skills for recording experimental results and documenting for learning and reproduction.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Thorough, accuracy, and efficiency
- Ability to draft clear and concise application reports and technical papers
- Proficiency in MS Office
Process coursework and lab experience with background in microelectronic packaging, specifically in wire bonding and die bonding (5um and 10um placement accuracy eutectic and epoxy). Technical customer interface; technical writing background; production support in a clean-room environment; work related travel; computer skills (i.e: Word, Excel)
Knowledge of wire and die bonding equipment; upstream and downstream processes; process development; SPC; DOE; metrology equipment operation (ie: SEM, SAM, Automated Optical Inspection.); clean room set-up and controls; microelectronic manufacturing standards (ie: SEMI, Mil-Std., JEDEC, SMEMA); IPC; microelectronic packaging materials; electronics assembly marketplace.
BS or MS in engineering or equivalent
StratEdge Corporation offers an attractive salary and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, LTD and education reimbursement. StratEdge Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We seek qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation or national origin. Proof of eligibility to work in the United States is required. No relocation is available for this position.
If you are interested in this position, please email HR at j.santos@stratEdge.com