APPLICATION NOTE :
SEC & SEC40 Package Covers
Cover Attachment Procedure. Lids
supplied with the SEC packages are ceramic with an attached
epoxy preform. The epoxy coated ceramic lids should be stored
in a clean, dry environment. Covers have a shelf life of
6 months if stored at room temperature, and a shelf life
of 12 months, if stored at +5°C, or lower (refrigerated).
Ceramic lids are installed using the following steps:
1. Preheat oven to 150°C.
2. Allow lids to warm up to room temperature;
3. Handle lids with tweezers or finger cots in a clean area
to avoid contamination;
4. Position cover on the package and secure with a spring
clip, or weight (approximately 2 pounds of weight or clamp
5. Cure clamped parts for 15 minutes (at temperature) in
the 150°C oven;
6. Remove the assembly from the oven and remove clips.
Cleaning of ceramic lids before assembly
is not recommended!
For further assistance, contact Applications
Engineering @ 866-424-4962, or by e-mail at Applications@StratEdge.com