Ceramic Cap Lid Attachment
StratEdge lids are provided with an attached
epoxy preform. Store lids in a clean, dry environment. Lids
have a shelf life of 6 months if stored at room temperature
and a shelf life of 12 months if stored at +5°C or lower
(refrigerated). Cap lids are installed as follows:
1. Preheat oven to 160-165°C.
2. Allow cap lids to warm to room temperature before proceeding.
3. Handle using tweezers or finger cots in a clean area
to avoid contamination.
4. Position cover on the package and secure with a spring
clip. Based upon the external perimeter of lids with .020"
walls, for perimeter up to 1.4", use 1 lb. spring clip,
and for perimeter up to 2.8", use 2 lb. spring clip.
5. Cure clamped parts for 2 hr.
6. Remove the assembly from the oven and remove the clips.
Cleaning of cap lids before assembly
is not recommended!
For further assistance, contact Applications
Engineering @ 866-424-4962, or by e-mail at Applications@StratEdge.com